By: David Lamm
I spent Monday racking my brain about what to say about the Jaguars’ 27-20 season opening victory against the Colts at TIAA Stadium.
Finally, after hours of agony, I simply decided to look at the notes I made as the game progressed.
* This team is worse than I thought.
* That 4th-down stop could change things.
* How could no one draft RB James “Jumper” Robinson?
* Fournette who?
* “Minshew Mania” might be back.
* “Minshew Mania” is back.
* These rookies — C.J. Henderson, Laviska Shenault — are pretty good.
* Keelan Cole, where’s he been?
* Same old reliable Lambo.
* I guess Schobert does make a difference in run-stopping.
So, it’s off to Tennessee and 16-0 remains alive. Okay, disaster still looms as well. But for now enjoy the victory. They’re hard to come by.