1010 XL General Contest Rules
A complete copy of these Standard Contest Rules can be obtained at the offices of radio station WJXL AM-FM (the “Station”) owned and operated by Seven Bridges Radio, LLC, 9117 Hogan Road, Jacksonville, FL 32216, during normal business hours
Monday through Friday or by sending a self-addressed, stamped envelope to the above address.
The Station will conduct all contests substantially as described in these rules, and each participant agrees as follows:
1. No purchase is necessary. Void where prohibited or restricted by law.
2. Unless otherwise specified, only legal U.S. residents who are 18 years of age or older with a valid Social Security number at the time of entry are eligible to participate in Station contests. Individuals age 13 to 17 may be eligible to participate in Station contests with the approval of a parent or legal guardian, provided that the parent or legal guardian is a legal U.S. resident at least 18 years of age with a valid Social Security number at the time of entry in the contest.
3. Unless otherwise specified, Station contests are open to the general public except for employees of the Station, Seven Bridges Radio, their immediate family members, and contest sponsors. The term “immediate family members” includes spouses, parents, siblings, grandparents, children, grandchildren and cohabiting significant others.
4. An individual and members or his or her household may win a Station contest only once per six-month period unless otherwise specifically stated. An individual and members of his or her household may win other seasonal or one-time contests only once for the duration of the contest.
5. Potential contest winners will be selected by the Station in its sole discretion. If it is determined that a candidate is not eligible for receipt of a prize, in the Station’s sole judgment and discretion, another candidate may be selected for eligibility consultation and this process will continue on until such time as an eligible candidate is found. In the unlikely event that no candidates are found to meet the specifications, then the prize will go un-awarded. In the event of a tie, the winner will be determined by and at the sole discretion of the Station.
6. All State, Local, Federal and or other taxes, duties, tariffs, title fees, licensing fees, or other fees for prizes awarded
become the sole responsibility of the winner. All those who win a prize or prizes valued $600 or more will be issued
an IRS Form 1099 to report their winnings.
7. All prizes are awarded “as is.” Prizes are nontransferable and cannot be exchanged, sold, or redeemed for cash or other prizes.
1010 XL General Contest Rules, Continued – 2
8. Neither the Station nor Seven Bridges Radio, their affiliates, members, directors, officers, employees, agents or representatives shall be responsible for the failure of participating sponsors to deliver the prizes or any part thereof.
9. All entrants and winners agree that the Station, Seven Bridges Radio, their affiliates, members, directors, officers, employees, agents and representatives shall have no liability for any injury, misfortune, or damage to either persons or property incurred by entering, participating in, winning, or losing any contest and/or by the use or non-use of any prize received in connection with this contest.
10. All prizes must be claimed in person at the Station at the address identified above during regular business hours and within ten (10) business days of winning, excluding holidays. After such time, ownership of said prize reverts back to the Station and Seven Bridges Radio to be disposed of at its discretion. The winner then loses all claims and rights to said prize.
11. Proper identification must be presented by any winner to claim prize. As a condition to receiving the prize, any potential winner must complete and sign a Winner’s Affidavit and Release, releasing the Station and Seven Bridges Radio, their affiliates, members, directors, officers, and employees from all liability in connection with winner’s participation in the contest, acceptance, and use or non-use of the prize.
12. All entry blanks, forms, devices, and materials gathered during the course of entry, as well as all information contained on or within, shall become the sole property of the Station and Seven Bridges Radio to be used, disposed of or destroyed in their sole discretion.
13. The Station and Seven Bridges Radio are not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information submitted by contest participants or entered by websites users, and assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to the Station’s website.
14. All entrants and winners agree to give the Station and Seven Bridges Radio, and their licensees, affiliates, successors, and assigns the irrevocable and unrestricted right to use, re-use, broadcast, or publish my name, city of residence, photo, video tape, film or any other likeness, including portraits and pictures, in whole or in part, as part of a composite, retouched or distorted in character or form, and winner’s voice, recorded or live, for any reason the Station deems necessary without compensation, unless prohibited by law. All winners release, discharge, and agree to save harmless the Station and Seven Bridges Radio, and their affiliates, members, directors, officers, employees, agents and representatives from any and all claims they may have against the Station or Seven Bridges Radio in connection with the taking, production, or the use of winners’ name, city of residence, any photo, video tape, film or any other likeness, including portraits and pictures, in whole or in part, as part of a composite, retouched, or distorted in character or form and without restrictions as to any changes, transformations or alterations, and including winners’ voices, recorded or live. All winners further acknowledge that the Station and Seven Bridges Radio own or will own exclusively any photographs of such winners used for such purposes, including the copyrights in them, regardless of the form in which they have been or may be produced and used, and all winners assign all such ownership rights to the Station and Seven Bridges Radio.
1010 XL General Contest Rules, Continued – 3
15. By participating in a Station contest, each participant agrees to receive email communications from the Station regarding Station events and contests. Any participant that opts-out of these mailings will also remove themselves from the contest. By participating in the contest, where allowed by law, participants agree that the Station may disclose personal information obtained from participants in the contest to third parties and use such information for marketing and other purposes.
16. By participating in a Station contest, participants agree to be bound by the decisions of Station personnel. Persons who violate any rule, gain unfair advantage in participating in the Contest, or obtain winner status using fraudulent means will be disqualified. Unsportsmanlike, disruptive, annoying, harassing or threatening behavior is prohibited. The Station will interpret these rules and resolve any disputes, conflicting claims or ambiguities concerning the rules or the contest and the Station’s decisions concerning such disputes shall be final. If the conduct or outcome of a contest is affected by human error, any mechanical malfunctions or failures of any kind, intentional interference or any event beyond the control of the Station, the Station reserves the right to terminate the contest, or make such other decisions regarding the administration or outcome as the Station deems appropriate. All decisions will be made by the Station are final. The Station may waive any of these rules in its sole discretion. ANY ATTEMPT BY A CONTESTANT OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY CIRCUMVENT, DISRUPT OR DAMAGE ORDINARY AND NORMAL OPERATION OF A STATION CONTEST, TELEPHONE SYSTEMS OR WEBSITES, OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF A STATION CONTEST IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, STATION RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PARTICIPANT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
17. The Station reserves the right to limit the number of times an individual may enter a contest or drawing.
18. The Station reserves the right to require contestants to be present at drawings in order to win their prize.
19. A winners list may be obtained five (5) days after the conclusion of any Station contest by sending a self-addressed stamped envelope to the Station at the address first written above.