The Jaguars make the playoffs this season if . . .
- Quarterback Chad Henne plays better than he ever has.
- WR Cecil Shorts stays healthy and one of the two rookie WRs, Marquis Lee or Allan Robinson, immediately becomes a go-to guy.
- TE Marcedes Lewis comes anywhere close to earning his sizeable paycheck.
- RB Toby Gerhart proves to be a reliable as the main man (and that includes pass blocking).
- Rookie OG Brandon Linder plays like a veteran, free agent guard Zane Beadles is worth the money he received, center Mike Brewster doesn’t get pushed around, tackle Luke Joeckel is as good as advertised and tackle Austin Pasztor is for real.
- CB Dwayne Gratz can stay on the field and safety Jonathan Cyprien plays as well as he did the second half of last season.
- Pass rushers Chris Clemons and Andre Branch get constant pressure on the quarterback.
- Paul Posluszny gets some help from other linebackers.
- The team finds eight defensive linemen better than Tyson Alualu.
- Coach Gus Bradley is the real deal.
Indeed, if the Jaguars do all that they will be playoff-bound.
Then, once in the playoff, they’ll need a few more things before they find themselves in the Super Bowl.