If I tweeted I’d have worn out my thumbs Saturday watching college football games. I did just about wear out my butt, settling in at 3:30 in the afternoon for the Florida-LSU kickoff and then spending the evening, TV remote in hand, going back and forth between South Carolina-Georgia and N.C. State-FSU until nearly midnight.
Among the mental tweets bouncing around between my ears while watching Florida’s 14-6 victory . . .
- The Gators may never score a touchdown against this LSU defense (during the first half).
- Is Florida’s defense that good or is LSU that bad on offense?
- Holding LSU to a FG at end of 1st half gives Gators a chance. Don’t think UF could overcome 10-0 deficit.
- Why didn’t UF give the ball more often to Mike Gillislee last year? He can really play (during second half).
- The UF coaches have done it again, and I’m talking about making halftime adjustments. This doesn’t look like the same team.
- LSU QB Zack Mettenberger stinks. Where are LSU’s playmakers on offense?
- Mike Gillislee can really play!!!!!!!!!! Gators gonna have to throw it better.
- 1 obstacle down and 3 to go for Gators – South Carolina, Georgia and FSU. Still have steep hill to climb for Willy and the boys, but impressed with season thus far.
And now on to South Carolina’s shocking 35-7 beat down of Georgia and FSU’s puzzling 17-16 loss at N.C. State . . .
- I guess the Cocks can throw the ball.
- The Dawgs have defensive studs but they don’t play well together.
- Won’t have to stay up late ‘cause Noles gonna walk over Wolfpack.
- SC defensive line looks like Bama’s. Cocks are for real.
- Dawgs can say good bye to national championship dreams.
· Noles need to quit kicking FGs and put this game away. EJ Manuel looking like old EJ and that ain’t a good thing.
· Why is FSU playing so conservative? Instead of protecting lead they need to increase it.
· Noles can say good bye to national championship dreams.
· Good night.